Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Drew's Bachelor Party

Drew Hymer's Bachelor Weekend

This was not your everyday bachelor weekend.  We did a lot of working out and a lot of no drinking.  We had an awesome time and I felt hungover when I got up Monday morning.  

The trip consisted of Drew, Devan, Kameron, Brad and Wade.  I left the last names off because we don't think that is Brad's real name anyway.  

FRIDAY:

We started with the 4:30 class at CrossFit Deep Ellum and the workout was right up all of our alleys.
We worked up to a heavy triple on the back squat as our strength.  We looked at the records board to see what the 1 rep max for the gym was and it was 475 pounds.  Drew went ahead and did 3 reps at 505 pounds (NBD).
Kam: 375
Brad: 335
Devan: 305 (1st time to do this)
Wade: 255
Jared: 255

WOD:
Buy in 25 Chest to Bar Pull-ups
3 Rounds
5 HSPU
15 Ring Dips
50 Double-Unders
Cash Out 25 Chest to Bar Pull-ups

Kameron: 6:36
Drew: 7:00
Brad: 7:08
Wade: 8:16
Jared: 8:31

I went unbroken on Double-Unders with my new rope but the dips killed me.  We had the 5 best scores on the board.

We went straight to CrossFit Heat and hit the 6:30 class.  We worked up to a heavy clean as our strength.  It could be a full or power clean.
Drew: 335
Brad: 295
Kameron: 295
Wade: 250 (pr)
Jared: 235

WOD:
3 Rounds
(5 Minute AMRAP)
200 Meter Run
10 Ground to Shoulder (135)
20 Sit-Ups
*2 minutes of rest between rounds*

Kameron: 8 Rounds + 75 Meters
Drew: 7 Rounds
Brad: 6 Rounds + 15 Sit-Ups
Jared: 6 Rounds
Wade: 6 Rounds

We went to Golden Corral for dinner and I had some Cotton Candy.  We got back to the hotel and Wade said he was sore and wanted us all to go to the hot tub.  6 shirtless dudes in the hot tub together.  That is all I have to say about that.

SATURDAY:

We went back to CrossFit Heat the next morning at 9:00 and did the Hero WOD "Rankel"
20 Minute AMRAP
 6 Deadlifts (225)
7 Burpee Pull-Ups
10 KB Swings (70)
200 Meter Run

Brad: 7 rounds +100 Meter run
Drew: 7 rounds +10 KB Swings
Jared: 6 Rounds
Wade: 6 Rounds
Kameron: DNF

We went straight to Dallas Central to hit up their 11:00 AM class.  It was 3 short workouts with 5 minutes of rest between each.
1a) 40 thrusters (95) I did 85 pounds for some reason
2:48
1b) 100 Double Unders + 35 KB swings
2:32 (Unbroken DUs)
1c) 400 Meter Run + 25 Burpee Pull-Ups
3:55

Kameron did the Thrusters unbroken in 1:17.  Pretty good.

We went to Six Flags after that and I hate Roller Coasters.  As we were walking up to the "Titan", I let them go ahead of me and I snuck away.  S S s s.  I rode the next two rides with them and then they talked me into riding the Titan another try.  We waited for an hour and when it was our time to go they made an announcement that the ride would be shut down for repairs.  That was I needed to hear.  When they opened the ride back up, Wade and I walked straight to the exit.  Peace Out Titan!!!

We slept in Sunday for a bit and then went to an indoor paintball place.  That was fun and I didn't get too many whelps because crossfitters can't shoot I guess.

We drove back to OKC after dropping Brad off at the airport.  He had to fly to Australia for work and I bet his legs got pretty sore on that 22 hour flight.

Very fun weekend with good friends.
#dropsmic





















1 comment:

  1. This website is providing the different articles in this blog. Thanks a lot for providing the nice info in this blog. Bachelor Party and Team Building Activities

    ReplyDelete