Friday, October 4, 2013

Fittest Games Lottery WOD 2

So a few of us at Koda are trying to qualify for The Fittest Games in Austin. The actual competition is in January, but they are having an online qualifier to secure a spot.  This is one of the biggest competitions in the South and sells out very fast every year.

I decided to the the 2nd wod first and here it is. 

10 minute time cap. Score is total reps. 
50 double unders
50 Kettlebell swings (53 pounds overhead)
40 double unders
40 Kettlebell swings
30 DU
30 KBS
20 DU
20 KBS
10 DU
10 KBS
If you finish before 10 minutes; you use remaining time to get max reps of Muscle ups. 

I did all the rounds of double unders unbroken but not so much the KBS. After the first set (31,10,9); I pretty much tried to break up the rest of the sets into around 10 reps at a time. My forearms and hands were the only thing that started hurting and boy did they start hurting.  I finished the last KBS at about the 9:15 so that gave me about 45 seconds to do muscle ups. I got 5 muscle ups and I got a total score of 305. 
I am in the masters division of this comp and if you have 12 minutes to kill watch this video. The real fun starts at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GsznxwmGQU

No comments:

Post a Comment