Sunday, August 4, 2013

Red Dirt Season is Over (part 1)

This will be a long post so buckle in. After all of my preparation I came in 2nd in the scaled division.  This was my first podium in my crossfit career and was pretty excited with how it went after all our hard work. 

I got there around 7:15 just in time to watch CrossFitOKC and CrossFit Central Tie in the first Wod. Which is crazy considering they did 400 reps as a team. I also so Lorin finally get over her Power clean hurdle and get a PR of 143 pounds. Enough about everyone else, lets talk about me. 

I had an idea that I could win the floater WOD so I did it first. 
3 minutes to Row 500 meters and your score is number of reps of back Squat at 185 pounds. 
I rowed a nice smooth pace of 1:45 and had about 1:08 to do squats. I got 30 reps and won the event by two reps over Doonkeen and Phillip gott 27 reps.  I had practice this wod 3 times and the most I had gotten was 26 reps. Game Day Baby!!  This took more out of me than I thought and was glad I had almost 2 hours to rest. 

WOD 1. 
1 power clean & 1 front squat, 1 power clean & 2 front squats, 1 PC & 3 FS etc...

This is a very tough workout and I was ready to get this one over with. I wasn't feeling super great for some reason so I just tried to tough this one out. 
I did this a few times and the best I got was 12 complete rounds and 4 reps in the 13th round. 
I thought I would be able to complete 13 rounds but I only got 12 rounds and 8 reps in 13th round. This was good enough for 5th place and I was fine with that.  

Part 2 tomorrow. 





No comments:

Post a Comment