Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Red Dirt (part 2)

I was feeling reasonably well physically after the front squat wod, and was ready to take on WOD 2. 

It was at 10 minutes AMRAP of:
5 push-ups
10 Thrusters (95)
15 KettleBell Swings (53)

My goal was to pace myself and go unbroken as long as a could.  I did a good job pacing myself at first. Everyone around me was going fast out of the gate, but I kept to my plan and took rest between movements.  I had done this wod a few times and I knew how the last 3 minutes felt and I had a feeling people would start slowing down.  I went unbroken until the 4th round on the kettlebells. I actually got 5 reps less than what I got when I did this wod a few weeks ago. I got 5 rounds, 5 push-ups and 6 thrusters which was good enough for 2nd place on this workout (behind Doonkeen, shocker). 

After my second place finish on the second wod I felt like I had pretty much gotten on the podium. I knew the last wod was a good one for me so I just wanted to stick to my game plan. 

WOD 3:
2 rounds
9 Burpee Pull-ups
15 Power Snatch (95)
21 Over Head Squat (95)

I took it slow on Burpee Pull-ups and was one of last one to my bar for snatch. I did 10 straight, rested and 5 and kept it overhead and did 21 straight OVHS. Dooner and I got back to the pull-ups bar at the same time, but I slowed down and he sped up (jabroni). I broke the next 15 snatch into 5,5,3,2 and I did the OVHS in 2 sets. Final time was 6:36 which was 3rd place on the final wod. 

I ended up in second place and was pretty excited standing on the podium with 2 other Kodites. (Doonkeen and Phillip). 

Props to Aaron and CrossFit 405 for having a fun event. All of the judges I had were fair and did a good job. 

Part 3 and 4 coming soon. 





No comments:

Post a Comment