Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A Lot of Volume for me

Started the day with banded front squats. 12 sets of 2 starting round every minute.  I used little red bands and 135. Kameron used 225. He is stronger than me.  After than Jacob and I did 9 sets of 3 "banded deficit deadlifts". We used medium band and I used 135 again. Both of those strengths I went for speed. No grinding it out.  

Jacob, Drew and I did a 21 minute emom of working on our weaknesses. 
I did 25 seconds of Max effort of
Burpees
Push-ups
Rebounding box jumps (20 inch)

After lunch Conor and I did 3 minutes of handstand holds against the wall.  It took me 7 sets which is bad.  We rested a bit and I did a 14 foot handstand walk which is a PR.  I did a new drill to help with my push jerks. I walked out of rack and did a few sets of 2 reps of dip and drive in the front rack.  I used between 225-295. 

After all of that weakness work, I decided to do something fun. I did the strength with the 4:30 class. 
8 minute EMOM
4 hang power cleans
I used 205 for first 7 minutes and 225 for the last round.  
Tired now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment