Monday, January 14, 2013

Competitor Series at F5 CrossFit

This was a really cool workout that favored a well rounded crossfitter. A person had to have good gymnastics and strength to have a good time. I have neither so I was struggling.

WOD
400 meter run
50 Box Jumps 24/20
50 toes to bar
400 meter Run
As soon as you finish you step onto the Deadlift Ladder 7 bars and you rotate every 20 seconds.
Women started at 133# and ended at 345#
Men started at 275# and ended at 545#
For every bar lifted you take 30 seconds off your time.

Since I have been drinking all this milk I haven't run at all. I was tired after the first 400 meter run. Blah
I did pretty good on the box jumps. I have never been that awesome at them and I was only 10 behind Brad King. I really thought I would make up some ground on the toes to bar. I have done 30 straight of those before, but I could only do 15 straight the first set and it got hard after that. I could really feel the extra weight have put on on this movement. I finished the toes to bar and took off on my 400 meter sprint and by sprint I mean jog/walk. It was terrible. I walked inside and had to start deadlifting. Blah. 275 was easy. 315 was easy. 365 was hard. My pr is 390 so I knew 405 would be difficult and it wouldn't budge. My total time was 9:10 and was 4th best on our team.

CrossFit OKC beat us by 3 minutes and we got 2nd place.

Jo Bittle and Brice Collier were the only two to finish the ladder. Koda had over 30 people there between the competitors and spectators.

F5 did a great job with the judges and music and beer.

I am about to start cleaning up my diet for the Fittest in OK to help with my lungs.

Muse out.









No comments:

Post a Comment