Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Bear Complex, Ruck Run and Helen Practice.

I did the "bear complex" for the first time in a long time so I have no idea what my previous PR is. 

Bear Complex is
1 power clean
1 front squat
1 push press
1 back squat
1 push press

You have to complete all those 7 times without resting on the ground. Has to be touch and go. 
You do that 5 times to find you heaviest weight. 

I did:
95 pounds 
115 pounds
145 pounds 
165 pounds
Did not attempt my final set. 

The 165 took me about 3:30 seconds to complete. Had to rest on my back a lot and had to split jerk a few. 

After that Dooner and I did a ruck run that turned into a jog that turned into a walk. First time I have had to walk since we have been rucking. 


After that I did the workout with the class
"Helen Practice"

3 Rounds
12 pull-ups 
21 Kettlebell swings (53#)
400 meter run. 

Rest until 7 minutes before starting second round and rest until 14 to start 3rd round.

My times were:
2:26
2:26
2:35

I really pushed myself on the run. I could tell because Leila said I looked like a full coming down the hill. I do that when I run hard. 

Taking off tomorrow and doing "Amanda" on Thursday. 

Off to watch Dexter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment